City Administration of Belgrade – Secretariat for Culture
and Children’s Cultural Centre Belgrade
The XXIV International Drawing and Painting Competition Joy of Europe
This year’s International Art Competition, for the twenty fourth year in a row, is calling out to children and young artists (from 4 to 18 years of age) from all over the world to use their lustrous palette as a proof that, from the standing point of deep psychology and modern understanding of art, children’s art has been recognized as having a true creative value.
The essence of the international art competitions, as well as the exhibitions that follow them, is first and foremost the ART GATHERING, support to the natural and creative way of living, since that is the only way in which it is possible to unite the intellectual, the sensory and the emotional. This is also a way to open a dialogue, as the artistic expression is, above all else, a communication process.
This year, epidemiological situation permitting, the International Art Gathering will be held live, at the Gallery of the Children’s Cultural Centre of Belgrade. The jury of experts will select the works to be exhibited and choose the award winners in single and group competition and in five age categories. The guests of the International Art Gathering will participate in an urban art colony.
PROPOSITIONS OF THE INTERNATIONAL ART COMPETITION JOY OF EUROPE
Those who have the right to participate in the competition are individuals, preschool institutions, schools, children’s art workshops, children’s cultural centers and similar children’s institutions and associations.
- Children from 4 to 18 years of age have the right to participate.
- The theme is free.
- We accept works on paper in various techniques (pencil, watercolour, tempera, gouache, aquarelle, pastel, Indian ink, collage, combined techniques on paper, graphics)
- Largest allowed format is A3 (297X420 mm)
- Works must be original and done without any help, created in 2021 or 2022, and never shown at another international competition or exhibition.
- Each work must contain the filled-out form.
- Individual participants may send up to three works in different art techniques, and the associations and institutions up to 20 works of different authors.
- Received works shall not be returned.
- Deadline for receiving applications is July 11th 2022
- Works are to be sent with the remark:
ARTWORK FOR INTERNATIONAL ART COMPETITION JOY OF EUROPE,
Dečji kulturni centar Beograd, Takovska 8, 11000 Beograd, Serbia
THIS IS NON-COMMERCIAL MAIL
First Prize awardees in single competition in all five categories shall be the guests of Belgrade and the participants of the urban art colony from September 28th to October 2nd 2022, with the organizer covering all expenses, and they will receive their awards at the opening ceremony of the exhibition, on October 2nd. The awardees are expected to cover their own travel expenses.
Director of Children’s Cultural Centre Belgrade
Dragan Marić, MA
Lidija Senicar, editor of the art competition
Children’s Cultural Centre
Takovska 8, Belgrade
tel. +381 11/ 32 42 011; +381 11/32 37 360
cell: +381 60 167 33 45
e- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org