City Administration of Belgrade – Secretariat for Culture and Children’s Cultural Centre Belgrade
The XXIII International Drawing and Painting Competition Joy of Europe
This year’s International art competition, for the twenty third year in a row, is calling out to children and young artists (from 4 to 18 years of age) from all over the world to use their lustrous palette as a proof that, from the standing point of deep psychology and modern understanding of art, children’s art has been recognized as having a true creative value.
The essence of the international art competitions, as well as the exhibitions that follow them, is first and foremost the ART GATHERING, support to the natural and creative way of living, since that is the only way in which it is possible to unite the intellectual, the sensory and the emotional. This is also a way to open a dialogue, as the artistic expression is, above all else, a communication process.
Due to the global pandemic, last year it was decided that we should not deviate from the planned program, so the International Art Gathering “Joy of Europe” was held, albeit in a different form. It was virtual and in the form of a revue:
This year, if the epidemiological situation allows it, the International Art Gathering will be held live, at the Gallery of the Children’s Cultural Centre of Belgrade. The jury of experts will select the works to be exhibited and choose the award winners in single and group competition and in five age categories. The guests of the International Art Gathering will participate in an urban art colony.
PROPOSITIONS OF THE INTERNATIONAL ART COMPETITION JOY OF EUROPE
Those who have the right to participate in the competition are individuals, preschool institutions, schools, children’s art workshops, children’s cultural centers and similar children’s institutions and associations.
- Children from 4 to 18 years of age have the right to participate.
- The theme is free.
- We accept works on paper in various techniques (pencil, watercolour, tempera, gouache, aquarelle, pastel, Indian ink, collage, combined techniques on paper)
- Works should be photographed or scanned at a resolution of 300 dpi and sent to: email@example.com via We transfer, or We sendit
- Works must be original and done without any help, created in 2020 or 2021, and never shown at another international competition or exhibition.
- Each work must contain the filled-out form. (download link)
- Individual participants may send up to three works in different art techniques, and the associations and institutions up to 20 works of different authors.
- Once the jury of experts has finished its work, we will get in touch with the authors whose works have been selected for exhibition, so that they could send their works in physical form to the address of the Children’s Cultural Centre of Belgrade.
The deadline for sending the works in electronic form is July 12th 2021.
First Prize awardees in single competition in all five categories shall be the guests of Belgrade and the participants of the urban art colony from September 28th to October 2nd 2021 with the organizer covering all expenses, and they will receive their awards at the opening ceremony of the exhibition, on September 28th. The awardees are expected to cover their own travel expenses.
Director of Children’s Cultural Centre Belgrade
Dragan Marić, MA
Lidija Senicar, editor of the art competition
Children’s Cultural Centre
Takovska 8, Belgrade
tel. +381 11/ 32 42 011; +381 11/32 37 360
cell: +381 60 167 33 45
e- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org